Last Updated on by
Pediatric resuscitation – BLS
Infant and child BLS sequence Differ from adults
- Give 5 initial rescue breaths before starting chest compression.
- If you are on your own, perform CPR for 1 min before going for help.
- Compress the chest by at least one-third of its depth, approximately 4 cm for an infant and approximately 5 cm for an older child. Use two fingers for an infant under 1 year; use one or two hands for a child over 1 year to achieve an adequate depth of compression.
- The compression rate should be 100–120
Pediatric advanced life support
- Nonaccidental Injury
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Undiagnosed cardiac disease