Last Updated on by
Pretibial Laceration Management:
- The best wound closure method is to use adhesive strips- Stristrip.
- Patient can remove STERIS trips/dressing after 7 – 10 days
- If there is skin loss then it will likely need a Plastics referral
- Non Healing and wound healing
- Keep wound clean, dry and covered
- keep the leg elevated ( above the hip), when sitting down and at night
- eat good diet
- continue with normal activities and try not t stand for long periods at a time
- Seek medical attention if signs of bleeding, dehiscence or infection.
- Peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, and steroid use will affect wound healing.